Wave Leadership College holds Candidate Status at the Associate of Ministry level with the Commission on Accreditation of the Association for Biblical Higher Education. Candidate status is a pre-Accredited status that affords ABHE colleges with access to Title IV Certification, which WLC holds, and to transferability of credits to many Christian colleges and universities.
Association for Biblical Higher Education
5850 T G Lee Blvd. Suite 130
Orlando, FL 32822
Inquiries on accreditation my be directed to ABHE at the address or phone number above.
Wave Leadership College holds religious exemption with the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia and clearly states so on all diplomas.
The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia is located:
James Monroe Building
101 North 14th Street
Richmond, VA 23219
Where can I transfer?
Wave Leadership College has Articulation Agreements in place with Southeastern University, Regent University and Liberty University. Additional Christian colleges and ABHE colleges and universities have and will except WLC credits. If you have a specific college you are considering for attendance after WLC, please talk to our Academic Dean and Registrar to develop your degree plan.
What can I transfer in?
The WLC Associate Degree requires 22 credit hours of General Education courses, 24 credit hours of Biblical Theological Studies, 12 credits of Professional Development Electives, and 4 credits of Leadership Experience and Practicum (LEAP). Up to 31 of those total credit hours may be transferred from other institutions; however, all enrolled students must take the following courses offered at WLC: Life Skills, Bible Study Methods, Systematic Theology, The Work of the Holy Spirit, and 3 LEAP credits.
Transfer credits from other institutions may be accepted with the following conditions and stipulations:
- The student must have earned a grade of a C or higher in the courses to be transferred
- Credits must have been earned within ten calendar years prior to the semester for which the application is made
- Transfer courses must be undertaken at an accredited institution (regional or recognized national accreditation)
- Transfer courses of Biblical or Theological nature must be undertaken at an institution that upholds a statement of faith similar to WLC.
- Student must submit an official transcript from each institution
Student must provide the syllabus for the course for evaluation by the Academic Dean:
- Course must be similar in content and schedule
- Course Textbook should either be equivalent or better
- Course rigor/assignments should be comparable
Student may be asked meet with the current instructor or the Academic Dean to discuss the content area and ensure the student is adequately knowledgeable.
The Academic Dean may convene a committee consisting of the Academic Dean, Registrar, and course instructor if further consideration is necessary. All potential transfer courses will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The decision of the Academic Dean is final and the outcome will be noted in the student file.
Wave Leadership College is happy to accept earned college credit through AP classes or CLEP testing. As stated above, all potential credits are evaluated by the office of our Academic Dean before they are accepted as transfer credit.